September 17, 2008

Fort Recipe

Last night after dinner, Brandon made us a sweet fort in our living room using the following:
- one gas dryer and box (which is being stored there until it can find a better resting place.)
- one beach umbrella
- one king size flat sheet
- one king size fitted sheet
- one flashlight

All the ingredients were great ideas on his part. Elly absolutely loved it! Mommy, Daddy and Elly all got into the fort, laughed a little and ate some yummy treats purchased by me at the BYU bookstore earlier that day. It reminded me of being a kid. My siblings and I built forts in our house a lot. My mom was a great sport about it. She let us gather every last sheet and blanket in the house, displace every table and chair, and even let us have snacks in the completed project! I remember crawling through what seemed like miles of linen-covered passageways throughout our whole second floor. For some reason our plain old blankets and regular carpets transformed into a dark mystery world. And now, a new generation of fort builders is being groomed. Actually, I think Brandon enjoyed designing the fort as much as Elly liked playing in it! It was a fantastic family activity and most of us were sad to see the fort be dissembled later in the evening. But, no fear, wherever there is furniture and blankets- forts will be there.





Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Cute daddy!

Anna said...

Forts are the coolest! Sometimes we use our tent in lieu of a home made fort.. also very fun!!! I bet Ellie loved it!

Lincoln

madelyn said...

I remember lots of fort building in my childhood. Or maybe for me it was mostly fort enjoying and not so much building. Anyway, those pictures of Elly are adorable and I'm interested at that shirt you're wearing.

Brookel said...

we called them huts when i was growing up, and mike makes fun of that. i guess we were just more native than soldier type kids. anyway that looked like a lot of fun. Eden i think would love a fort, she has enjoyed crawling in and out, over and through all the boxes laying around.