September 11, 2008

Fall is here!

Elly and I went with some new friends up to Bridal Veil Falls this week. The walk from where we parked our cars was just a bit longer than we had anticipated. It was also uphill on the way there. (Read: I got hot and sweaty walking there and I had to eat 5 of Elly's cinnamon graham crackers because I neglected to bring a lunch for our three hour adventure.) But, it was all definitely worth the trek as fall has started to creep into Utah Valley and the scenery is beautiful!

Some of the troopers...being pushed by their moms!



People wanted to get in the freezing cold water when we arrived: (like I said, hot and sweaty)



I kept telling Elly the whole way there that we were going to see the big, loud, waterfall. But, when we finally got there- I didn't have the heart to wake her up:



The group:


Elly woke up on the way back and we grabbed these awesome fall leaves:


Both of us had a great time and we are looking forward to taking Brandon back to the falls soon...and parking much closer to them this time.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

There is NOTHING as beautiful as the Utah valley in the Fall–I'm jealous. Now, come December, the tables will be turned :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures were so awesome. Thank you for keeping us involved. The kids and I literally every morning before school check blogs. XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

The hike to Bridal Veil Falls looks wonderful. We sure miss you guys!

The Sampietro's said...

Still hot out in these parts!!! Sounds like fun!