February 6, 2008

My Shadow


Yesterday Elly and I were in her room, she was doing her usual thing (unloading and loading everything from various containers) while I was reading. I was sitting cross-legged on the floor with my book in my lap, and she was moving around me from thing to thing. At one point I began to change position, going from sitting to lying on my side with my head resting on my hand. During the change, I looked over to see that without my noticing, Elly had retrieved a book from the shelf and sat down next to me. She had the book in her lap and was reading quietly (usually she reads out loud, of course). As soon as I made my change in position, she did the exact same thing- lying on her side and trying her best to get her head to rest in her hand. It was adorable!!!!

(This picture was taken when she was only about 6 months old- I just couldn't make a post without a picture of her. She's in her swimsuit.)

1 comment:

Barb said...

What a cute story! I can only imagine how darling she must have been mirroring her mama!