February 12, 2008

Ah, the benefits of living in farm country...



So maybe, there's an overwhelming smell of animal product sometimes. Maybe there are crop dusters that fly so low, I think they're going to clip my roof. But, there are beautiful fruit trees surrounding my house and when it's harvest time- we all enjoy delicious fruit. This week, my lovely parents in law gave me some unbelievable blood oranges that they got from a client of theirs and today, I reaped the benefits. There were so many and I didn't want them to spoil, so I made some fresh squeezed blood orange juice. YUMMM! Look at that color! What could be better? I really do love California!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

One of the good things of living in an incredibly hot place. See there is give and take. We have two citrus trees in the back, however they're too small to produce anything worthwhile at this point.

Brandon A. said...

Babe, nice still life photos! I feel more relaxed when I look at them...

lacy said...

yeah, they are nice aren't they?

Hilary said...

I just have one word...SANTAL! Mmmm! Could you send some of those my way, nothing grows in Utah because it is desert in the summer and it freezes in the winter. I've had it!!! I'm moving back to California!