March 5, 2008

What a good husband.

This actually happened several months after Elly was born, but I just thought about it today for some reason and I loved remembering it so I thought I'd share.

Brandon and I were hanging out with friends of ours who were expecting their first baby. Of course, the woes of pregnancy were dominating the conversation as both wives commiserated with each other about sleeping problems, eating problems, and hormones hijacking your body. Brandon and the other husband were very quiet during this time and I suspect that the other husband had some sort of hopeless look on his face, when Brandon said:

"Don't worry, Dude, you'll get your wife back."

Maybe you don't think that was such an unusually sweet thing to say. But, to me it was gold.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Its so true though.