March 28, 2008

Cousins Visit!

For Spring Break last week my sister, Keri, and her two girls, Emma (9) and Lily (5), drove to California to visit me, and by me I mean Elly. They also brought my 16 year old cousin, Karen. She was a total lifesaver! Talk about babysitter/friend/rock bander! We had a blast and it was sad when they left. Elly absolutely fell in love with her three cousins whom she hasn't seen since she was 6 weeks old (I'm a terrible mother/sister/aunt, I know.) Here are some highlights:






Easter Egg Hunt!







Elly didn't grasp the concept as well as her cousins.























Elly loved having more people to read to her!










When the mommies go shopping, the kids get to ride on something.




Emma was a super helper and definitely a future babysitter!


Playing at the park...


Elly loved the ducks, but I had to stay super close to her, because a few times I caught her trying to jump in the water with them.




THE ZOO!!

Elly and Lily wore matching outfits the day we went to the zoo, they looked adorable. (Ever notice how Elly always has the same face in every picture?...I don't know.)


We watched the Sea Lion for a long time. Truthfully, that trainer doesn't have a lot of control over them. But, I guess the Fresno Zoo is a far cry from Sea World.


How could we leave the zoo without a treat?

That's ice cream, by the way.


And finally...when the children sleep, the adults play!!


What an awesome trip! Thanks for coming, everyone!

3 comments:

KK said...

No WE had the fun! Seriously, Emma sobbed all the way down your street after Elly blew us kisses goodbye, and Lily talked all day about how when we see Elly next time, she'll remember us and give us big hugs. Karen was a super-lifesaver, and I'm pretty sure she'll recover from this trip...

A big thanks to Brandon too for his (much tried) patience during our visit. Love you all!!!

Barb said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I wish I had three cute nieces like Madelyn!

Ritch in Love said...

Your girl is gorgeous!!