May 26, 2007

Stroller Strides (There had to be a post about it sooner or later)

After I gained one million pounds carrying Elly around for 9 months, I realized that I was kind of huge even after she was born. I also realized that going to the gym isn't really something that I do. I've had a gym membership now for a few years, but it's a painful experience for me, really. Plus, the gym wouldn't take Elly in the child care until she was 6 months old. So...I had to come up with another way to get un-huge.

In all my internet searching, I found Stroller Strides and to my delight, someone had just started a franchise here in Visalia. Stroller Strides is a nation wide company with franchises in tons of cities. It's basically a fitness class for moms to bring their stroller-riding kids to a public park and get an awesome workout taught by a certified fitness instructor. The kids get in the strollers and we do stuff like power walking, jogging, and other cardio bursts. We also use rubber tubing bands for strength training. It's a great workout, believe me. Plus, it's fun because you're with other moms and it never seems like you're just working out. The reason this works for me is because there is a set time you have to be there, and if you're not, you just don't get to workout that day. When I had a gym membership I could "always go later"...but never did. With Stroller Strides, I am accountable to someone to be there. Not to mention that I'm paying for it! So, now thanks to Stroller Strides, I am no longer huge...just a little large.

3 comments:

madelyn said...

Hooray for stroller strides! I have to say that it is fun and good exercise even if you are not a new mother and even if you don't have a stroller!

madelyn said...

Hey, who took the pictures of you? (I liked stroller strides, too - just not the exercise! ha, ha)

Mom

Anonymous said...

I didnt even know such a thing existed! thats really cool. keep it up girl, you're looking good!