May 26, 2007

5 years already!


Brandon and I were married May 10, 2002 in the Salt Lake Temple. That means that a few weeks ago we had our five year anniversary. My sister, Madelyn, was here and she offered to watch the baby while we went out, but I wasn't feeling well, so we just stayed home. Madelyn flew out from Fresno the next day and Brandon took the day off of work so we could spend the day together in Fresno. He had it all planned. We went to Woodward Park and spread out a blanket. We just lay on the grass talking and looking at Elly. Sure, we talked and laughed about the actual wedding day, remembering things like the difference between Brandon's morning and my morning that day. When I woke up at a leisurely 9 am, I went into the kitchen where my family had made me a lovely breakfast. Then, my two sisters did my hair and we talked and had a great time. My parents drove me to the temple to meet Brandon. He woke up at like 6 am and had to drive from his brother's house in Bountiful to Salt Lake to the Boy Scout Headquarters to pick up the queen size mattress and box spring I had bought from them the day before for a whopping $150.00. You see, since the Olympics were in Salt Lake in 2002, lots of furnishings were purchased for various press, athletes, and government people to use during the games. After it was all over, the Olympic Committee donated everything to various charities including the Boy Scouts. Brandon and his dad picked up the bed the morning of the wedding and took it to our house so it would be there when we returned from our honeymoon. Then they drove all the way back to Bountiful so Brandon could get ready and drive back to the temple to meet me. Clearly, the wedding day is all about the bride.

Well, we had a great time in the park, then we went to eat dinner at The Elephant Bar and again headed back to the park where the Japanese Garden was just opening. We strolled through the Garden which was beautiful and not crowded at all. It was a really nice day and I loved spending it with my two favorite people. It's funny because we tried to talk about our wedding and our anniversaries since then, but the conversation kept coming back to The Bubbush and what an amazing blessing she is. We were happy to remember our wedding day and the time when it was just the two of us, but now we can't imagine life without her.


I just had to put this picture in here because look at Elly's face. Doesn't she look like a little thug?

1 comment:

Pollock Palooza said...

Yay for blogging! I agree that it's the funnest thing ever! So we think your little thug is the cutest chubbiest baby :) Happy getting a new house (Tricia keeps me informed of what's happening). Have you moved in yet?