September 5, 2011

I LOVE my Bosch!

I recently made these...from scratch:



If you know me at all, you'll know that this was a pretty amazing break through in my attempts to be domestic and stuff.  Let's take a little trip down memory lane...

When we were first married, Brandon did all the cooking.  We had a consistent diet of hamburger helper and canned chili.  It was fine with me, of course.  I would've been happy eating dirt, as long as I was next to him.  Ah, the newlywed phase.  But, I have a feeling that Bran didn't feel the same way.  He dreamed of the day that his loving wife could whip up a Sunday Roast complete with mashed potatoes and delicious dinner rolls.

Brandon was so patient, people.  He stuck by my through all the failed dinners (of which we still have many, to be honest).  But, I am happy to say that day has finally come.  I can now make a kick butt Sunday Roast with "the best mashed potatoes [he's] ever tasted" and homemade dinner rolls from scratch.  And I even love doing it.  I love making meals that my family thinks are delicious.  I love being "homemakey".

A lot of this is due to 9 long years of practice, but I owe my recent success in the kitchen to my new love: The BOSCH.  It is the most awesome piece of kitchen machinery ever.  I now make all our family's whole wheat bread.  I make awesome rolls, cookies, and smoothies (with the blender attachment).  Thank goodness for my Bosch is all I can say and thank goodness my husband waited so patiently for me to be competent in the kitchen.  It's been a long road and it's still bumpy sometimes!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Erica said...

I also looooove my BOSCH! Best kitchen product EVER. And, your rolls look amazing!!

Rachel said...

I love that your all homemakey and stuff. It's evolution.

Candy said...

yay for you! I remember the day when you said to me, " Candy, I don't do yeast." I laughed, and you were serious. So this post makes me giddy inside...and hungry!
GOod job on all your baking and Bosching!

darling kiddos you have too. really.