November 15, 2010

A Tea Party Birthday

Elly is turning 4 tomorrow, so we celebrated on Saturday and had 7 of her friends over for a little Tea Party. It was super fun and several parents have told me that their girls have wanted to have tea parties non-stop since then.

The Email Invitation
I bought tea cups at D.I. and let each girl take hers home.  I painted their names on little wooden hearts for place cards. 

I bought the roses at Costco and put them in this cute white pitcher.

As each girl arrived, I took a picture of her with Elly.  This is Elly's cousin, Lily.

Elly's playmate from the neighborhood and our ward, Addy.

The table

We had so much fun serving them hot chocolate and I pulled out some herbal tea, too. We let them put their own marshmallows or sugar cubes in their drinks. I think one girl put 10 sugar cubes in her tea. It was hilarious. My favorite was the little girl who asked to switch her tea and have hot chocolate instead "this tea just tastes like water"...indeed.


Elly and Ayda...isn't her hat adorable?

The stirring with the tea bags was a little tricky.

Ahhh, the presents!

It's cupcakes for our parties from now on...sooo much easier and no one has to eat a piece of cake that the birthday girl/boy has spit on!

4 comments:

Anna said...

so cute. :-) love the tea party idea. can't believe Elly is 4!!!!

the harrisons said...

Wow she is getting so big! I can't believe she is 4! I love the idea of the tea party!

Brookel said...

Tea party! so cute and fun and yes i love that little girls hat, i will still return to visalia and get a lovely tea party hat and gloves one day, they had the best shops there. happy birthday to elly!

madelyn said...

Adorable! I love everything about it. What is that couch in the background? It's awesome.