September 1, 2010

Elly Quotes

Lacy has this thing about milk.  It can't sit out for more than like 15 seconds before she drinks it.  If it sits out too long, she has to dump it and get a new glass.  Apparently, Elly has it too.  Tonight at dinner her cup of milk had been out for about 5 minutes, and she'd been drinking it off and on.

Elly:  Dad, will you please get me some clean milk?

Brandon:  Clean milk?

Elly:  Yeah, this milk is dead.

Brandon (containing my laughter):  Dead?

Elly:  Yeah, it's dead.  So I need some clean milk.

Brandon:  Well, what do you mean it's "dead"?

Elly:  Look at it.  It's just, like, been there for a long time.

Brandon:  OK.  I'll get some clean milk.

Elly:  Thanks, Dad.

1 comment:

Carly said...

I have the same thing with leftovers. If a food has been cooked fully and then refrigerated and reheated I can't eat it (except for pizza).