September 3, 2010

Elly Quotes: Heart Breaking Edition

Elly threw a complete fit today. Both kids had fallen asleep on the way home from the grocery store and both had woken up in really bad moods. Boy was screaming and Elly started to scream and cry because I couldn't carry them both up the stairs at the same time and I left her in the basement while I took Boy upstairs to his bed.

Over her screaming and crying, I told her that when she was all done crying I would be happy to talk to her. But, until then, she would need to stay in the basement all alone. She screamed and cried for a good 10 minutes or so. And then, I heard this through the tears...

Elly: "But Mommy, I love you, Mommy... I still love you."

And then my heart broke.

But, I did NOT go down there and get her. Sheesh, she has to learn somehow!

She did eventually stop crying (after about 15 minutes) and we had a good talk about being a big girl.

1 comment: