May 6, 2010

Canyonlands Half Marathon in Moab

I've never been a runner.  I used to hate it.  But I signed up with friends to run the Canyonlands Half Marathon (13.1 miles) in Moab back in March, so I had to start training.  It turns out that you get an odd pleasure from distance running (jogging, in my case).  We had a great time spending time in Moab with friends, and I did pretty well - 1:53:55 (8:41 pace) - considering it was my first race/run of ANY kind ever.

The course was beautiful.  We ran along the Colorado River most of the way.








1 comment:

Anna said...

Awesome! Good for you! My friend and I started walking together a while back--and decided to run instead...we about DIED trying to run. Pretty sad.

To top it off, after running on the track...we tried to get home and were blocked by the SLC marathon runners. Some dudes were about 100 years old---and running like it was their job.

You all inspire me. Running (esp. long distances) is not easy.

The view looks amazing!