June 18, 2008

Father's Day

We went to Mima and Papa's house for dinner on Father's Day right after church. While we were on the way, we took a few videos.



Right before I took this video, Brandon called his mom to tell them we'd see them "in a minute":




We had an awesome dinner and two yummy desserts. I made Apple Dumplings with a recipe I'd never tried and it was amazing. You can try it too by clicking here. And it was wicked easy.

After dinner, her cousins introduced Elly to "dress ups": (I'm not so sure she loved her first experience dressing up)


8 comments:

Kari said...

she's so awesome. she talks soo much! i miss you guys. i loved her rambling...see you in a minute!

Rachel said...

Sometimes I think I have a smart baby, and then i see videos of her and think, maybe I don't. (Even though i really am not comparing babies) She is so darn cute.

KK said...

gold. pure gold.

Kelly said...

I'm with Rachel on the smart baby comment. I'm sure Brandon thinks Elly takes after him and his 'superior intelligence'. Ha ha (an old joke). She is really amazing and so cute.

Pollock Palooza said...

I just want to pinch her little cheeks!!! She is so funny when she has her own little conversations. What a cutie!

Chailyn said...

i love it! the look on her face when she talks is so great, like it's no big deal she speaks in full sentences :)

Ritch in Love said...

Two Sundays ago we headed to good ole' Yale 2 for church. Your dad, of course, gave a great Gospel Doctrine lesson. My husband (a convert of almost 4 yrs) loves listening to your dad. I don't think your dad knows at all what a huge impact his knowledge and gift to teach the gospel so beautifully has had on my husband. I just wanted to let you know that....totally off topic....
Oh, and your little one is darling as always!

Alta said...

Lacy, I hope that you don't mind me leaving a comment but just had to. Your little girl has got to be the sweetest thing ever. Her little voice is so darling. So many times I have wished that I had my camera with me to capture moments like that. Way too cute.