April 21, 2008

The Teenage Lacy...why not?

A friend of mine put this post on her blog recently and I really enjoyed it not having known her in high school. I learned some things about her and even though I wasn't "tagged" to do it on my blog, I rarely pass up a chance to further highlight myself. Plus, with that maiden name search I just did- I felt bad for old Lacy and thought she needed highlighting again as well. So...enjoy!

1. If you could go back and tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be?
Honestly, I would probably tell myself to hang out with my family more, not to worry so much about "missing out" on teenage life- whether it was a game or a dance or whatever. It's just not that important!

2. Did you do any extra curricular activities in high school?
I made the freshman girls' basketball team in 9th grade. We had a serious coach. She made her boyfriend the assistant coach. He made us run...a lot. I remember running along the basement corridors of East High School (that's right- the same one from the musical) because it was winter and we had to run indoors. The practices were pretty intense considering only 4 other schools in the district even had freshman girls basketball teams for us to compete against. But, I did learn how to shoot a foul shot without jumping, so that's good.

I was also on the swim team for 5 minutes (translation: one year), until I could no longer justify getting up at 5am on a school day in the middle of winter in Utah and jumping into a freezing cold pool anymore. I conveniently made the Dance Company which conflicted with swimming after that.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that my extra-curricular activities actually outweighed my classes in high school: Dance Company, Pep Club, Junior Choir, Songleader, A'capella Choir, Madrigals Choir, French Club, I think Key Club for a bit...etc, etc.

Extra-Curricular activities I definitely did NOT participate in: Science Club, any sort of Math Club, National Honors Society, Friends of the Environment Club, Student Government (although, not because I didn't try), Band.

As you can see I was a pretty cool cat in high school. And no, I did not say things like "pretty cool cat" in high school...I've gone way downhill on the cool scale since then. I'm alright with it.

3. What did you do with your free time?
See the above list. Also, I had several pressing social engagements a week that included things like riding around in my friend Adrianne's super cool jeep and "trying not" to get strange guys attention, or meeting up with several hundred of my closest friends at Training Table to order nothing but water and drive the staff crazy, or having a "G.N.O." where we would make some sort of treat, watch "Clueless" and then go try to find guys to give the treat to, or making an appearance at a Multi-Stake Stomp and then going to do something much cooler than a Multi-Stake Stomp (yes, we call them "Stomps" in Utah, I don't know why. And when I moved to California, no one had a clue what I was talking about...same with "tending", no one outside of Utah has any idea that means babysitting).

4. Coolest thing you did as a teenager.
See the above list. Going with the Dance Company to L.A. for "Hollywood Style" dance classes and Disneyland was pretty cool. (Hey- it's cool, if you're from Utah!) I thought it was pretty cool when I choreographed a Disco style partner dance for our Dance Concert when I was a junior and enlisted the help of several cooler Senior guys.

5. Did you have a boyfriend in high school?

Oi. I don't have time for this one. Sophomore year boyfriend...saga, drama...Junior year boyfriend...drama, drama, saga, blah, blah...Summer Fling boyfriend...slightly less drama...back to Junior year boyfriend...insane amount of drama. The End.

6. Songs that come to mind:

"These are the Times to Remember" Billy Joel
"Peaches" Presidents of the United States
"Material Girl" or any early Madonna song
"Gangstas Paradise" Coolio
"Hook" Blues Traveler
"Only Wanna Be With You" Hootie

These weren't necessarily in my cd player, but they just remind me of high school in general.

7. If you could change one thing, what would it be?
I would try to be nicer and kinder in general...to parents, siblings, teachers, anyone at school. I would try to expand my circle.

8. What did you think you would be when you grew up?

I really thought I would be a mom.

9. Picture of self. This is my senior picture. Pretty awesome hair, huh?


10. Craziest thing you did in high school.
I didn't do anything too crazy. Sneaked out a few times (very few). Simply stayed out all night and sneaked back in in the morning. That's all I can really think of.


Even though I wasn't tagged in the first place, I still get to tag Rachel, Adrianne and Amy- my high school peeps.

5 comments:

Brookel said...

So stomps were dances i guess? I grew up saying tending also, but my parents grew up in utah and only moved to california the year i was born, so...

Ritch in Love said...

Right there with ya on Number 1: Spend more time with family!
Love the Busath! That's the Lacy I know and love from Yale 2!

Melissa and Aaron said...

Hey Lacy! I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Brandon's cousin's wife. Anyway, I just had to say I totally know what "tending" is and I grew up in VA. Although, I think I have an advantage because my mom is from Preston, ID...:) By the way, your daughter is super cute!

The Sampietro's said...

Love the picture.You were a very active girl!! Umm I had a girlfriend who attended your school. Check out MooshnIndy on my blog. Do you know her??

Lolo said...

very fun to read. and i still think you are cool.