September 30, 2007

Friday Family Front Lawn Picnic


On Friday, it was a beautiful day! I had brought home some yummy homemade bread from my visiting teachee and wanted to make sandwiches for dinner. But, it sounded a little boring to me, so what makes sandwiches more exciting? Eating them outside! Since our back yard still looks like this, we had a little picnic in the front yard! It was so much fun. Elly was already in jammies for the night which was good because it was kind of chilly out. We did our best to take a family picture to record the occasion. Highlights from our fun family activity include:

Elly showing me her favorite thing about picnics:



Brandon showing me his newly discovered picnic-themed talent while saying "this is harder than you think":


I showed my favorite thing about picnics:


Every time the doggie barked, Elly would look over to find it and was disappointed when she couldn't see through the neighbor's fence:

Our Front Yard Picnic was a great success! I feel another tradition coming on!

4 comments:

Anna said...

You have a cutest little family. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

madelyn said...

Looks like a good time! Cute shirt, dawg.

KK said...

my favorite thing about your picnic is your awesome green blouse...

Pollock Palooza said...

I love the family laying on the grass together shot. Elly is getting so big! She is such a cutie, do you just love it? I know you do. Okay so little update on us, baby number 3 is due in 2 weeks!!! I always hope for sooner, but I believe we went maternity clothes shopping for you the day MacKenzie was due... either way I'm still excited and can't wait. The girls love me getting out all the baby gear and NEED to climb in the swing and car seat to make sure it's safe for their brother. Anyway cute pictures!