September 21, 2007

10 months and counting...


This little sweetie Bubbush is so amazing. It's my right as a parent to gush as much as I want about her on my own blog. You guys who are reading it can just deal with it. Not only is she talking up a storm and practicing standing up all by herself, she is the most beautiful little girl! She has these dark, dark brown eyes. Both Brandon and I have light brown/green eyes. Her eyelashes are so long that when she looks up they touch her eyebrows. After a hair loss scare in the 5 and 6 month stage, it's growing back in nicely. It's so soft and the it's loveliest shade of brown. And those cheeks...the are so kissable! They're actually getting smaller. I mean, the rest of her face is getting bigger and they aren't. Don't you think? How could I forget those two tiny little teeth? So far they are alone; I keep thinking that others are coming, but they're not yet.

The Bubbush's name has evolved a little lately. Other names she is called include: Bubbus (without the H), just Bus and when she's being really cranky- Fuss Bus. Since "doggie" is her word of choice now, she uses it as just a form of communication. When she's happy, she says "doggie" while shrieking in delight and rotating her little hands and feet at the same time. When she's upset it's "doggie" with eyebrows furrowed and arms and hands flailing. She has a little walker which she sits in and can only go backwards. She loves to stand up by herself. She uses one hand or sometimes two to stabalize herself on the ottoman in our great room or even up against the sliding glass door, so she can see out to the patio. When I hear the garage door opening and Brandon pulling in from work, I get her all ready to see him telling her "guess who's here...". She gets so excited before he even comes in the door and when she finally sees his face, she shrieks! She loves it. Her favorite baby food is still sweet potatoes, and this summer she especially liked it when we cut up fresh white peaches. She loves to turn the pages of magazines. The Ensign is her current favorite, I think it's because it's the one we have that has the most pictures. Thanks to our nighttime routine, Elly going to bed is the best part of our day. The whole thing takes less than 15 minutes. She is generally happy and loves reading her book. She turns the pages and the other night after we had finished reading Goodnight Moon to her, she turned around and read the whole thing back to us, turning the pages and pointing at the pictures with a little sing song intonation in her voice. It was so cute and we had to stifle laughs the whole time.

Elly is the absolute best thing ever. Even if you've had the worst day, you just can't be in a bad mood when you see that little two teeth grin looking up at you. These pictures came from a little photo shoot I had with her in our front yard the other day. She absolutely loves grass! She cries when I pick her up if she's not done playing with it yet.


In the middle of the shoot, Brandon came home from work and these ones of him kissing her are probably my favorite.


3 comments:

Anna said...

She's just adorable Lacy! I love the new pictures and the cute stories about her. I especially like the ones with Brandon kissing her too. Their great. You take awesome pictures. Now that we have little Linc, I wish I was a better photographer!

madelyn said...

That second picture looks EXACTLY like Brandon. Amazing! What an adorable little girl. I will attest to the fact that if you are having a bad day, one look at that little face makes it all better (and I'm not even her parent!) I can't wait to hear more of her words as her vocabulary grows!

Kelly said...

I LOVE the slight red tones in her hair!! She is just so darn cute! All of the photos in that album are just darling and I am jealous that you still can get some good ones. That's the beauty of her not moving a whole lot yet. With Gabby moving very quickly the last several months, my dreams of lovely photo sessions have gone straight down the drain. Before you know it, you will be in the same boat, and it will take a whole team to keep her in one spot and looking in the right direction just so you can get one or two photos.