June 15, 2007

Doc Pops in...




On Wednesday, we got a quick visit from Doc. He flew into Fresno at 2pm and flew out the next day at 6:30 am. Doc, Elly and I all went to a late lunch at one of our favorite local places, Colima's Mexican food. It was a lot of fun to hear all about Doc and K-ma's trip to Canada with the Freedmans. They stayed on a private island and saw orca whales one day! Elly and I also gave Doc his Father's Day present: a black 'touch my shirt' shirt with a cool bamboo print on it. I was only a little disturbed when Doc said "ok, what can Elly eat here?" I was like: "Dad, she's 6 months old, she doesn't eat Mexican food." But, that didn't stop him from handing her a corn tortilla when I wasn't looking which she promptly folded into a perfect taco. "Well, she's definitely Peruvian!" Doc exclaimed with delight.

We waited while Doc checked into his hotel, The newly remodeled Marriott in downtown Visalia. Then, we went back to my house where Doc and Elly played on the floor of the great room. Pretty soon, there was a lull in the action and I was just wishing that I had something for Doc to do...just then the doorbell rang. It was something for Doc to do! I had ordered a stroller from Target a week earlier and he and I put it together.


Doc took off to the hotel to get ready for his talk and Brandon, Elly and I came later to swim in the Marriott pool. It was a nice pool, not crowded at all and Elly loved swimming with Mom and Dad. Too bad Doc had to go give a talk to other Doctors at the classy restaurant "The Vintage Press". But, he invited us to stay for a while and then eat some room service in his room. So, after we ordered our burgers, we gave Elly a bath in the sink, and hung out in the room. The burgers were alright, but the lettuce wraps were awesome! We got to watch one of our favorite summer shows "So, You Think You Can Dance" and got home just in time to put Elly to bed. It was a very nice evening, we only wish Doc had been there. It was kind of like being on Vacation, but you don't have to travel anywhere and you get to go home and sleep in your own bed at the end! I love vacations at home...Thanks for the fun visit, Doc! Come again soon.

Elly looks so little sitting on Doc's hotel bed. Can you find the baby in this last picture?

1 comment:

madelyn said...

Sounds like a fun time! Also, it looks like Elly will fit right in with the other grandchildren by adoring Doc! It is fun to see pictures of her sitting up!