October 7, 2008

Go Leopards!

A few weeks ago, Elly and I attended part of an East High football game. My nieces were part of the "Little Leopards" cheering squad and my cousin is a JV cheerleader. I had no idea what Elly would think of the game, the loud cheering, all the people and the mascot. Turns out, she absolutely loved it! She cheered and cheered. She loved the Leopard mascot and wanted to kiss it. She kept waving her pom pom and saying "Yay!!!" She is her mother's daughter, for sure. I did feel a bit nostalgic for my days as an East High Songleader when our football team took State my senior year.







My mom got Elly and Lily these matching faux leopard fur coats. Elly's was entirely too big, but she seemed to like getting into the spirit of the game with it.


I was really excited to see how into the game she was and how happy she was to be there. I wish I had caught her dancing to "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" when the cheerleaders did their half time dance.




After the game, we went to get some ice cream and Emma and Lily were teaching Elly some cheers. Seems like she caught on pretty quickly:

4 comments:

Justina Selim said...

I love her leopard coat! That is so cute!

Anne said...

Awesome, Lucy. She'll make head songleader for sure, just like her mom.

Brookel said...

Eden got that same butterfly shirt! Old Navy had some awesome deals. She is such a big girl now I can't believe it.

madelyn said...

I definitely see her following in her mother's cheer-leading, singing, dancing, social footsteps! What a cutie.